What is a WIND Certified Umpire?
A WIND Certified Umpire® is an individual who has successfully completed the four-hour WIND Umpire Certification class and who has successfully met the guidelines and applications steps set forth by WIND to be officially recognized as a WIND Certified Umpire. These steps include an annual call for application process, state criminal background check, application fee, and current WIND membership.
New for 2017
For our 2017 WIND Certified Umpire Class Participants, we are introducing a three-year renewal application and will require only one state background check during this three-year period. The cost for this three-year renewal is $350, in addition to the cost of the state background check (around $25).
Our previous years WIND Certified Umpire Class Participants will be asked to renew at the rate of $125, plus annual state background check (around $25). When the three-year class certification period is up for renewal, the three-year application renewal period will be activated.
Steps to Becoming a WIND Certified Umpire:
1. Complete the four-hour WIND Certified Umpire or WIND Certified Umpire Recertification class at the annual Windstorm Insurance Conference. The certification period is active for three years from completion date. For example, if you completed the class in January 2017, your certification period will renew in January 2020.
2. Join/renew as a 2017 WIND Member. To remain current in the WIND Certified Umpire Directory, be sure to keep your WIND membership current.
3. Complete the WIND Certified Umpire Application. To access the WIND Certified Umpire applications, you must be an active WIND member.
- 2017 WIND Certified Umpire/Recertification, access the three-year application.
- Previous years WIND Certified Umpire/Recertification, access the one-year application.
Complete all necessary steps no later by May 1, 2017
Show Off Your WIND Certified Umpire Status!
Once completed, you will be listed in the WIND Certified Umpire Directory and receive a 2017 WIND Certified Umpire certificate and logo to use in your marketing materials.
Become a WIND Certified Umpire
Are you a property insurance claims professional interested in the WIND Certified Umpire Program? The next WIND Certified Umpire Program classes will be offered at the 2018 Windstorm Insurance Conference scheduled for January 15-19, 2018 in Orlando. Get notified of next year’s class dates by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions on Becoming a WIND Certified Umpire?
We’re here to help! Please contact us at email@example.com or 850.473.0601.